Friday 1 January 2010

Favourite Trailer of the Year: Up In The Air

Yesterday I promised to do a write-up on Paul Thomas Anderson.  However, since I've got a flight to catch today I'll be unable to do the blog entry justice in the time available.
Instead, in keeping with my theme of "Top Fives of the Year" I'm giving you my number one trailer from last year: "Up In The Air"



There's a number of reasons this trailer works. However, the reason it's my favourite is thatit works as a piece of entertainment in its own right. The monologue doesn't actually need a movie to exist: it works on its own terms. I've heard a lot of good things about the movie, but regardless of its quality this trailer should be appreciated as a two-minute piece of art.

1 comment:

  1. The film itself, I thought, was a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete